Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It all started 6 years ago today

I can't believe that "9/11" was 6, count 'em, SIX years ago! A Tuesday, in fact!
Some memories of that day are still so vivid, and so painful. I still hurt for the families that have to wait until the hereafter to see their loved ones again. The children that were born AFTER their fathers were killed, who only know the stories that are told of those heroes.

It has been 6 years, and I am just barely getting to where I can watch the news and not have a crying fest every time. For most of the last six years, I have avoided news broadcasts as much as I possibly could, because after 09/11/2001, I cried for 7 days straight, watching all that stuff on the news.

Regardless of political views or religious zealousy, that day was a tragic loss of lives. It is sad to me that it took that kind of travesty to bring strangers together in unity of purpose. And, too bad that it disappeared after a year.

I will probably never understand the justification of mass murder in the name of God. All I can do is my best to be kind to others and help my family to make this world a better place.

1 comment:

Victor and Annette said...

Hey KK, I have tried to call you, I need your new number... Email me, ajewkesbox@yahoo.com miss you. Talk soon!