Wednesday, January 28, 2009

God be with you until we meet . . .

. . . the song follows with "again". However, since I have NEVER MET my mother-in-law, in person, I can't say that.

Judith Mercedes Hernandez de Zapata was called home to her Heavenly Father yesterday, at 8:16 am. She was an amazing woman . . . I know this because her 7 children are all responsible, loving and caring adults and parents.

My dear husband is beside himself, understandably. She has been the go-between for Jorge and his children . . . receiving the money that we send, and distributing it where it needs to go. Besides the fact that she's his mom and he hasn't seen her for 10 years.

Thank goodness for the eternal plan of salvation, and the knowledge that we have that we can all be together again someday. I look forward to that day when I can meet her and give her a big hug and thank her for all her love and caring that she gave (and taught) her son!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Kaelene I am so sorry to hear that. You are both in my prayers. Yes - we are truly blessed to have the knowledge that we have, and to know about the Plan of Salvation.

Maddy said...

I am so sorry!

Kerry said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and that you never had a chance to meet her. She would have loved you...just because you are sweet and a good person. :) Thinking of you and your hubby.

Lisa said...

i'm so sorry to hear that. hugs for you and jorge.