Monday, January 5, 2009

Ringin' in the New . . . with a vengeance!

GOOD-BYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to 2008 - that year seemed like one long trial of faith, patience, endurance and sanity, almost from start to finish! And, I know that I'm not the only one, but hey, it's my blog, and I can cry if I want to! LOL

Seriously, though -- How great is this year starting out, that I already know that I have to find a new job (my employer officially closed our plant on 12/29/08, and so . . . I have a job guaranteed through the end of February, but there's no telling, after that!!) and then our landlord came by on New Year's Day, cordially inviting all tenants to vacate the premises by 02/05/2009? WOW!!! I was hoping to get away from that kind of luck, for 2009, but hey, it's a new opportunity for growth, and we can NEVER turn those down, right???

I got a new attitude! I'm not stressing over the small stuff, that I used to consider big stuff, and it's ALL small stuff now! With the exception of my spiritual and physical health, and good relationships, starting with God right on down the line to my acquaintances. That's it, that's my resolution!

Hey, enjoy the year . . . you've only got 360 more days!!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Um yeah, F&%* 2008.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe the landlord too!! I'm sorry about your job, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

And honestly, best wishes for a much better 2009. I think the pendulum will swing back soon.

Love ya!

Lisa said...

what kerry said. good luck to us all in this coming year!

Victor and Annette said...

I can't believe that... what was the reason for kicking everyone out? That is just crazy!

Aubrey said...

So don't leave us hanging . . . . what is the reason that the slumlord is kicking everyone out??? I agree with the 2008 crap, but 2009 isn't looking any better for us - yet! We got an offer on our house but it sucked and they wanted everything but the stick of gum in the drawer!! Dang people . . . . come on 2009 give us something good!!!

Kaelene said...

Aubrey, are you insinuating that I live in a slum??? LOL
The landlord wants to do some remodeling, and he has family members that need to move in to the tri-plex, so . . . there you go! It's kinda hard to fault the man for taking care of his own, you know???

jackie said...

Let's start off the new year with some photo fun:) Feb or March will be perfect weather! And with our 3rd bambino on the way, I will definitely need some scrappin. E-mail me: jcphoto3@cox.net

Unknown said...

Hello! This is kinda random, but I have noticed you on a couple of other blogs that I look at. Maddy Rogers and DeLaine Broderick. It just struck me as unusual because there is absolutely no relation between Maddy and DeLaine. I just randomly noticed your comments. How do you know DeLaine? I'm guessing you know Maddy from living by her. Well, I just thought I would introduce myself. Blogging is funny that way ;D Nice meeting you!