Thursday, March 5, 2009

iPod Etiquette


Okay, y'all, I'm about ready to publish my own ". . . . for Dummies" book! I will call it "iPod (and other small electronic devices) Etiquette for Dummies"!

WHO, I ask, WHO, in their right mind, would think that it is okay (as in accepted by the general public!) to do the following:
1. Listen to your iPod while in church -- ya, dude, the headphones may be white, but white is NOT invisible!!!

2. Listen to your iPod while working at Wendy's, at the drive-thru window!! Ya, you THOUGHT I said a "Large" frosty, because the rap music master in your OTHER ear said "large" at the exact moment that I was ordering!

3. When someone is having a conversation with you, assume that the text conversation that you are engrossed in, on your cell phone, is MORE important than what the ACTUAL PERSON in front of you may have to say!

4. Text in church, or a board meeting, or a lecture in Biology . . . a sure bet you're going to miss something important!

5. Send photos of your bathroom activities over your cell phone . . . first, that's just disgusting!! Second, you don't know who will do what with said photo!! YOUTube, anyone??

Yes, I do feel that electronic devices are hindering our society, in some ways. Like all things in life, there are 2 sides to every story -- those same electronic devices can be extremely helpful! But, I know that I, FOR ONE, won't be putting "must be able to listen to my iPod at any given moment" on my resume . . . finding a job is already difficult enough!!

6 comments:

Delaine Broderick said...

So I have totally had #2 happen to me and 3 and 4... that is what Lisa is known for. The bad thing is it is her kids she texting at church!

Tammy said...

I hate that too! The YW in the ward are ALWAYS texting! They try to hide it under there coat or in their purse. How dumb do they think we are? It is time to get out the cell phone basket again!

Kaelene said...

I don't agree with any child under the age of 16 having a cell phone, and THEN, only if they have a job and/or car. . . to call in case of emergency!! Texting is just . . . NOT to take the place of human interaction, thank you very much!!
And don't parents talk to their parents about cell phones in church???

Kaelene said...

Oops, I meant parents talk to their CHILDREN . . . I must've been thinking of Lisa, Delaine! tee hee

Lisa said...

when i first got my ipod my immediate thought was 'i don't ever have to talk to a human being again!' LOL

and no i will not fess up to doing any of those items you listed. unless you catch a youtube recording of me texting in the church bathroom while talking to the person in there with me while listening to my ipod! ha ha

and you're lucky you just got a large frosty! ha ha

DeNeece said...

Ueah I have some catching up on reading your blogs. But I HAD TO COMMENT on this one. Richard updates his Ipod, surfs the the Net on his laptop and plays a game on his Iphone while watching TV. He has Withdrawals if he doesn't have control of at least 2 electronics at all times. YES I SAID ALL TIMES. UGGGHH!!