Friday, June 26, 2009

May They Rest in Peace

Yesterday, Thursday, June 25, 2009, two fellow human beings left their earthly existence. It is more known and more people are affected, because of their celebrity lives.

Many people may not remember how truly pioneering Michael Jackson was, as a musician, and performer. And, as one of the DJs on the radio said this morning, " . . . anybody under 25 may not even know that he was ever anything but . . . well, wierd!" Having said that, I choose to remember the MANY MANY MANY hours that I spent listening to "Thriller" (the entire album); it was the first cassette that I ever bought with my OWN money, and I don't remember if I had to buy a second copy, because of how many times I listened to it.

He was a poet, a singer, ". . . a lover, not a fighter" and part of a family - a son, a father, a brother, and, more than once, a husband.

I feel badly that his children will only have memories (and other people's input!) to remember their father by.
But, for whatever reason, his time on this earth was done. I hope that he will be at peace, now.

And then, the lovely Farrah. She had beautiful hair . . . even being as sick as she was, in the last months of her life, her hair looked great. Obviously I never knew her personally, but she seemed very genuine, and she and the other "Angels" gave us girls hope for a "real" career, and not just the everyday, run of the mill girl stuff!

I admire her for her work as a victim's advocate for abused women. I am glad that she found a purpose, a drive, to help others, after she played roles for movies, and realized that that kind of crap happens, in real life, and that there was a need. She was a great example of looking outside herself to help others.

No matter how priviledged they both were, because of their talents and careers and wealth, they had to go when their time was up. May their friends and family find the peace that they need, because I'm pretty sure they are in a MUCH more peaceful and loving place, even though we don't understand that fully now.

Rest in peace, Angel Farrah and Little Prince Michael.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

great post!! that farrah poster rocked!

Kerry said...

Hey Kaelene! Just popping in to say Happy 4th of July!

Miss you!

DeNeece said...

There's my Michael J. Poster from 1984. LOL!