Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Look Up!

Many years ago I learned that looking for negative things is a no-brainer . . . there's LOTS of negatives out there! So, my challenge for myself, these last {many} days has been to LOOK, intently and seriously, for the positive! That can be a REAL challenge, when you've been laid off twice in 4 months!

Anyway . . . I am truly blessed in so many ways, and to me, money is just a necessary evil in life, so I can't make it my obsession or my primary concern! Yes, things are tight, but hey, when GREAT things happen, like getting my DirectTV service back for pennies on the dollar of what I owe, I gotta be happy! {I don't watch a LOT, but what I do watch, I was missing terribly!!}

So many people have been so supportive and helpful and prayer goes a LONG way - thank you so much! So looking up - to Heavenly Father, to see the beauty in this world His hands have made, to see hope, is what I have to remember to do!

And, like a new favorite {country} song of mine says, "Sounds like life to me, plain old destiny - Yeah the only thing for certain is uncertainty! You gotta hold on tight, just enjoy the ride! Get used to all this unpredictability! Sounds like life to me!"

Sometimes life is just another 4-letter word, but it is the greatest gift that we've got and making the best of each situation is where the challenge lies. Keep looking up, for rainbows and showers! ♥

1 comment:

Lisa said...

hang in there kaelene!! and i always try to look for the good in a bad situation. i believe everything happens for a reason and things will work out for the best in the end. its not always fun until it does work out though. lol