Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Lifted" and other random scrappy thoughts. . . .

My friend, Michelle, has written a book. And, not just any book -- It is titled "Lifted", and it is an incredibly inspiring collection of scrapbook pages, with lots of ideas! (http://www.papertherapy.com/ - That's her website, for more information!)

Anywho - she is doing book signings, all over the valley, at a scrapbook store near you! And, at the Paper Vineyard (http://www.papervineyard.com/ervineyard.com/) she did a Late Nighter Lift contest. It was sooooooo fun!!! Between the owner, the two sales clerks and Michelle, they couldn't pick winners, so us contestants had to actually vote on the winners.

Here is my entry:

I "lifted" a DARLING page that Michelle did of her brother and her daughter. The layout was completely inspirational for me, as I didn't know what I wanted to do with the photos from my niece's graduation night! Thanks Michelle, for being so willing to share your talents with us!

Also, I am working on Tina's Christmas cards, but have been working on other random scrapbook pages as well. I'm trying to think of a way to make money doing what I love, but my limited brainstorming time slows down the process!

Here are some other things that I have been working on:

Tina's custom Birthday card . . . just her style!

This layout has been 18 months in the making! These photos were taken 2 years ago, by Jackie Lindfors (see her blog listed to the right!!), and I have just barely pulled this together! I am going to hang this on my "A to Z" photo wall - (Their last name starts with "A" and mine starts with "Z", so it will be a wall of family . . . get it???) and is my first project for that wall!
Of course, once my mom and my sister, the mother of these cuties, saw this layout they both whined, "I WANT THIS FOR MY WALL!!"
You know what they say . . . . "Christmas is coming!!" wink, wink!

Then, this little guy turned 2 on Sept 3, 2008, and I am just getting around to scrappin' his birth! I've been slackin'!!


And, last, but certainly not least - These 2 cute nieces of mine worked at Sunsplash together, for the summer of 2007. I had to record this moment in history, one Saturday morning, when I was their taxi for the day! How cute are they???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO CUTE KAELENE!! You've been bizzzzay!

Kerry said...

Those are great layouts Kaelene! It's funny how mojo comes and goes! But when it does... you always get a lot done!

Lisa said...

love all your projects!!! they are lovely!

Maddy said...

Hey -- I just wrote a little bit about LIFTED love too!

Victor and Annette said...

I miss scrap'en with you so bad... even though I am into the digi scrapbooken now. I miss hanging out with you all and laughing and having therapy sessions, and comfort food. I will be there in December for a few days, maybe we can plan a night or day thing.