Friday, June 29, 2007

VERMIN!!!

So, I made reference, in my last entry, to the cockroaches in our apartment. Well, here is the story on that:
We moved into this new place, that had been empty for a few months. Well, at first glance, there was not a bug to be seen! But, as we started opening cupboards, etc. there they were! It doesn't help that one of the cupboards had rotting potatoes in it!
Anyway, I called the landlord, after a few days, and let him know that there was definitely a problem! And, I didn't unpack anything, because they were going to come and spray.
So, they came and did a spraying of the baseboards, I guess, (my sister-in-law, who lives in one of the other apartments in the same place was a witness to that!) but that didn't seem to phase the roach population in my house!!
So, I called the landlord again, after a week, and I said, "PLEASE get the roaches out of my house!" So, he scheduled another visit -- this time, I had to take everything out of the cupboards, that I had bothered to unpack, for them to spray all the cupboards, etc. (Keep in mind that I still have lots of boxes, sitting around the house, that haven't been unpacked yet!)
They came in and sprayed. I found a few roach carcasses, and the landlord told me that they would be back in 30 days to spray again, for the larvae, etc.
Then, I found out, from someone who has experience with this kind of thing (eewwwww!), that
cockroaches LOVE cardboard! YIKES!!!! I had a MAJOR cockroach playground in my house!
So, before I went to Memphis, I unpacked all the boxes (thanks for your help, Mom!!) and my dad set off roach bombs while I was gone.
But, rather than "Night of the Living Dead" that I was expecting, when I got home, I saw living, breathing VERMIN!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
Jorge hasn't even lived in this apartment yet, because he is working out of state, but he keeps telling me, "I'm not living there with bugs!!"
Last night I spent 45 minutes unloading the cupboards, yet again, because they are supposed to spray again today. This is MORE fun that moving because you get to put everything right back where you got it from . . . .

No comments: