Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What are people thinking?????

I don't usually watch the news -- I am of the mind that most of the stories that they choose to share are bad . . . somebody killed someone, beat someone, stole something, or embezzled something! I don't want to hear about it; I see enough in my own little piece of the world to know that bad stuff happens.
Then, last night, just because there wasn't anything else on, at my brother's house where I was babysitting and they don't have cable, I found myself watching the news.
And, I found myself thinking (and NOT for the first time ever) "Why are some people allowed to procreate????"
This woman, in the middle of Wal-Mart, in front of many shoppers, proceeded to beat her 10-year old son, about the head and face, and then dragged him "a few inches" by HIS feet. This is the same woman who, 2 years ago, was accused of child abuse, when her boyfriend killed her 3-month old baby by shaking him to death. Child Protective Services took this son away from her, then! Why was she permitted to have him back in her home?? What does she do to this child AT HOME, if she is publicly beating him so that he is bleeding from his mouth and nose??
I could go off, here, about government agencies and responsibility, etc. Heaven knows that my family's calls to the same agency have gone unreturned for months now -- apparently they have some work on their hands!
But instead, I will just ask anyone and everyone who reads this blog to pray . . . pray for the children of this world! There are so many good things about children, and they are our future! Many people don't understand how much their own actions affect their children, and the things that their children do later.
I really hope that a miracle can happen for this child, so that he doesn't keep the violence cycle going! I know that miracles can happen, if we all hope and pray for the same outcome.
Okay, I'm done! Here's hoping that I don't have to watch the news again, anytime soon!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i don't watch or read the news!! i know that kind of sick behavior happens but i don't want to see it!