Friday, June 13, 2008

Faithfully

Once upon a time, many many many years ago, I went to a concert with some of my good friends from high school. It was a Journey concert -- It was so cool!! And Bryan Adams opened for them . . . that made it doubly cool!!

Anyway, the other night, I was at my parent's house, hangin' out with the senior citizens, and I turned their DirecTV service to the XM radio channel. This song started - a beautiful song, mind you - and just hearing it I got goosebumps. I thought, "That's Journey!!! I would know Steve Perry's voice anywhere!"

So, I pushed the button, on the remote, that makes more information appear on the screen, and, I was right!! It was Journey! However, as the DJ informed me a minute or two later, the lead singer was NOT Steve Perry. (As I thought about it later, that would have taken one heck of a miracle, seeing how Steve and Journey parted ways in 1998, with never a word about joining together again!)

Apparently Neil Schon, one of the original band members, found the new lead singer, on YouTube, covering Journey songs! How crazy is that?? He was the lead singer of a Filipino band, and his voice is INCREDIBLE! He sounds so much like Steve, that I almost (I did say ALMOST!!) don't miss him.

But something about this album has me so excited, and listening to the sample tracks on line, I get all choked up, with the memories of Journey playing in my tape player, in my CD player, and now on my Ipod! They are timeless, and I am excited to get their new album . . . even without Steve! Besides, I can still support him, too! ♥

2 comments:

Lisa said...

dave and i saw them on a concert channel and that guy almost looked like steve perry too. alas--i loved steve perry much more! rock on journey fans!!

kaelene--you weren't getting chronic at that concert were you? LOL

Kerry said...

Journey... good times.

Heck, I didn't know there was a new singer!