Monday, June 23, 2008

Professional Photography

ya, you're NOT gonna find that here, sorry!! That would be Jackie, her website is linked there to the right, see??

No, seriously . . . I got to pretend, for a little while on Saturday, that I WISH I were a professional photographer! It was for a birthday surprise (don't worry, the birthday is today, not ruining the surprise!!) and I got to have a "serious" photography job for this!

The kids were SUCH good sports! It was a banner 117 degree day on Saturday, but we went out in it anyway, to take some pictures. I wanted to take photos on the fountain, at the entrance to the parking lot at Centennial Hall in Mesa . . . nope, not there anymore! Bummer! So, Pioneer Park was the next choice. Thank goodness for shade trees! And the spray bottle that we brought with us to "mist" ourselves. . . LOL
We found out, as we viewed the photos later, how professional I'm NOT!! I took one photo of the girly in green, leaning against a tree. She was darling! The garbage can right behind her, however, was not! Learning as we go here . . .

6 comments:

Maddy said...

117! GASP!!! The picture's still cte!

Kerry said...

117? How do you people live in that? ;) (See, the heat got to my brain summer after summer, and now it's hardly there anymore.)

I'm sure the surprise was wonderful to the person getting it! I like the picture you posted! You need to post more!

{Brooke} said...

KK... I would love to be able to take amazing pictures too, but I have the same problem you do. I always get something dumb in the background that ruins the picture. I bet Maicee could give you a quick lesson. She's good! Miss you tons girl

Tammy said...

How did I EVER live in that heat!? I remember even wearing a sweatshirt almost every single night throughout the summer! INSANE!!!! No when it is 95-degrees I am dying.

I am no pro-photog either!I can barely use my little digital on auto. LOL! I definitely would love to take a good class of two.

It was great talking to you for a minute the other night. Give me a call and we can chat.

Take care! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I missed the high heat this year! Hopefully it will stay under 110 when I get back! ;)

Super cute shot!

Victor and Annette said...

Very nice job! Love the pic. I really miss the nice weather there.... NOT... it is hot enough here at 90. I climatized (I don't think that is a word) really quickly. I do miss the lightening though. When we had it. But I do miss my friends....