Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And counting!

Okay, the excitement builds . . . only 8 days left! And, usually, by this time of year, I am going a little crazy, because I still have sooooooooooooo many gifts to finish! And, while that is true this year, they ARE getting done, little by little! (And, the ONLY gift that I had to mail, to Colorado, is DONE and mailed -- WOO HOO!!!)

I have vowed to hand-make as many gifts as possible, this year, to make it more meaningful to the receiver (hopefully!) and, I'll be honest, cut down on costs! But, it has been very rewarding for me, I will say! And, it is amazing how creative you can get, if you put your mind to it! Shanna, can I get an "AMEN!"

This ornament, for example, was made for me, last year, by my darling friend, Michelle. (Yes, the same Michelle as http://www.papertherapy.com/!) We loved it last year, and we will love it as long as it decides to stay with us! LOL

Anyway, happy shopping, crafting, wrapping, hiding and enjoying . . . for 8 more days! ♥

7 comments:

m = michelle said...

Yeah, I peaked last year :) it's all downhill from there LOL

Aubrey said...

Okay so when Christmas is over are you going to post pictures of all the gifts you made so we can enjoy them too?

Kerry said...

Your ornament looks different than mine!!

j/k since mine obviously doesn't say zapata. ;)

btw...your verification word for me was mormen. Doodoodoodooo....

angiedunn said...

you are awesome. [and great to see ya @ my fine place o' employment yesterday, btw!]

funny how i set a goal [not] to make any homemade gifts this year.

you=thoughtful.
i=lazy.

hahahaha!

Kaelene said...

Angie - pregnant is NOT lazy!!! You have every right to stay clear of hand-made gifts for at least this blessed time of expectation, especially since you are crafty with your job ALL THE TIME!!
You're too cute! ♥

Aubrey - I will be posting my gift-making madness AFTER Christmas! Hope you can hang on, until then! ha ha ha

Lisa said...

i am very proud of you of making your gifts. i think handmade gifts are the best!

oh--my word verification was skank. what do you think that means? HA--j/k

Maddy said...

I can't believe it's so soon!!! I want to see pictures of your gifts!