Friday, December 5, 2008

December . . . . It's BAAAAAAACK!


I don't know about anyone else, but December for me is ALWAYS about too many things to do, and not quite enough time to do it all! I wish, on a yearly basis, that I could go without sleep, for just one month of the year, so that I could get more done!

It is only the 5th of December, and I have already stayed up way too late 3 nights of this month! Not a good indicator of how the month will continue!

The only saving grace??? I started my hand-made gifts in October, so I won't be completely bogged down, on Christmas Eve, by all the gifts that I still need to make.
This year is panning out a LOT differently, for me, than years past. I don't get to participate in my own little Christmas tradition of attending "The Forgotten Carols" this year . . . no funds in the budget! And, no work Christmas lunch, this year! Not even any decorations, in the office, because nobody wants to light up a place that is closing by December 29th! I don't like Bah Humbug attitudes, but I can understand.
That's where my stress level gets cranked up, this year! Sooooooooooooooo many things to wrap up at work, but too much to do, at home, to be able to devote too many extra hours to work! But, somehow I will focus on the beauty of giving, and keep my eye on the Savior, Jesus Christ, this season, to remember why we celebrate.
And, looking forward to some family time, in the mountains in CA, for Christmas, is helping me get through! It's always good to have a goal, you know! And, there is talk of playing in the snow! Woo Hoo!!

8 comments:

m = michelle said...

life's a bunch less stressful for me....who hasn't even starting THINKING about christmas presents.

oh how I wish I was kidding...

Anonymous said...

i hear ya michelle. and kaelene--i'll take those decorations in your photo!

angiedunn said...

i hear ya, man. good luck to you with your busy month. and congrats for already starting your homemade stuff! you're my hero!!

Aubrey said...

I heard at one time that your family was coming here in December. Is this still true?? I hope so!!

turleybenson said...

Hi Kaylene--
Yep, I'm totally busted. I didn't call any of the relatives while I was in town. I'm a loser. Mike and his fam always have lots planned and we get down there so rarely. Sorry-- don't tell on me!

Of course you can link to my blog. Fun to read yours too.

Unknown said...

I'm tired just thinking about all that needs to be done. Fa la la la la!

{Brooke} said...

No Utah for Christmas time??? Boo

Anonymous said...

Heck Yeah!!!!
Christmas in California, bummer it's not Utah sorry Brooke and Aubrey it would have been cool to visit the family there.
Lake Arrowhead will be a fun though, I can't wait to see you my sister, and the rest of them. By the way in case Karalee didn't tell you yet, you or Jorge get to drive her car up the Mountain as she is too scared to drive in CA, much less in the snowy Mountains of CA.... She cracks me up.