Thursday, March 6, 2008

An End of an Era


Tuesday, March 4, 2008 marked the passing of my last biological grandparent -- my mother's mother passed on to the other side of the veil.

Wilma McCain Shape outlived 2, count 'em, 2 spouses. And she has had Alzheimer's for the last 7 1/2 years. She is in a better place now, but we will miss her.

To look at photos and hear stories and reminiscings about my Grandma, I know that she was a great example of faith, hard work and caring. Her legacy of 33 grandchildren, and LOTS of great-grandchildren, as well as those whose lives she has touched for good, will live on until we can all be together again.

I love you, Grandma.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh Kaelene -- I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers.

Lisa said...

sorry about your grandma. kerry's grandma just died too. and my uncle died this morning. it is always so sad to lose someone.

angiedunn said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss Kaelene...just know I'm thinkin' about you & your fam & sending all comforting vibes your way!

{Brooke} said...

hope you are doing ok. my mom said she was an amazing lady. thank heaven for the knowledge we have. love you lots