Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More of a life lesson, really!

Michelle invited me over, this past weekend, to watch "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium". I had been wanting to see it, but had heard mixed reviews about it. Now, having seen it, I know why!
When I saw the previews, I thought that it was a kid pleaser. While it can be interpreted as such, for the little kid in all of us, it is not the entertaining, action-packed film that I would've expected from the previews.

But, that doesn't mean that I didn't like it - in fact, I LOVED it! To me, it was a lesson in staying young at heart, keeping your dreams alive and living life to its fullest. And, understanding that all stages of being - premortal, mortal and immortal - are part of a plan, and we all have to follow that plan. Accepting the path of that plan can be the hardest part. But, living each moment to the fullest is the important part of this mortal life - not letting any moment or opportunity slip by. And, doing our best to make dreams come true is part of the point.

One of my favorite quotes from this movie is this; "Life is an occasion - rise to it!" I believe that and want to do my best to live that way. In fact, I thought of my Grandma, when I heard that quote -- she was a great example of rising to the occasion of life.

Anyway, if you want a movie to remind you how important it can be to view life from the eyes of your own inner child, this is it!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVED this movie! It's been on continously since the weekend :)

{Brooke} said...

I'll have to go see it! I love the ideas you give me. Hey... I'll be seeing you in a few weeks. Plan a scrap night

Lisa said...

glad you loved it. we have watched enchantment none stop over here!

Kaelene said...

Oh yes, Lisa, "Enchantment" has been playing at our house to!! I LOVE that movie . . . so over the top, yet enjoyable, too!!