Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Worthy (?) Addiction

I am addicted to reading! I, seriously, could spend HOURS just reading! Obviously, the material needs to be good . . . to keep my attention for so long!

But, I love that reading makes me use my imagination and also excersizes my brain cells. Maybe I will get lucky, and reading may actually replace brain cells that I have frittered away in front of the television?!?!?! (Humor me, here, I can always hope!)

My latest obsession, in book form, is this little number:
I am so addicted to this series, (The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer: www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html) that I had to leave the first book, Twilight, at work, last week, so that I would stick to my task of making a cute scrappy project for my neice, MaiCee, for her birthday!

But, the minute I was done with that project, (about 12:15 am, Saturday!) I was in my bedroom, reading, okay devouring, what was left of it!

Then, just so I would have some company in my addiction, I called my sister, DeAwna, in Colorado, and told her about this series. She started reading Twilight, and then, before she finished reading it, went out and bought the next 2, yes 2, volumes of the series! She said, "When I finish Twilight, I will want to go right to the next one, so I bought them both!" It's cool, we are doing a little book club, long-distance, over the phone! This is my first book club experience, so why not make it completely unique, right??

I hate to say it, but, if the reading material is good enough, it could just about distract me from life in general, but even scrapbooking! I know, I can't believe that I just said that, but there it is, out there on the 'net, for anyone and everyone to read! And, not without a little shame! (picture a sheepish grimace here!) But, I maintain that reading is like a mental gymnasium, and it is good to get excersize!

The only downer, here, is that I am almost done with New Moon, and will start Eclipse . . . but the 4th and final volume in this series doesn't come out until August!! AAAAAAAAY -- Give me patience!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a good series. I'm only half way through new moon. Been doing pretty well with not having it overtake my life, like I usually do (and like you do) Been reading only a bit before bed each night. But I am getting to the point where I have to finish it so I know what the hell happens. Like I carried it with me today just in case I get a few minutes to bust out a chapter :)

Maddy said...

I love all 3. Can't wait for 4.

Victor and Annette said...

I am in to kids books right now... Inkheart was really good and now I am reading Sisters Grimm to my kids... I really should start reading adult books Ha ha.

Victor and Annette said...

Ok let me clarify nice adult books...

Lisa said...

i love it too. for $5 you can have her autograph 2 books at marco de niza in may sometime. oh--and i found out the reason she started writing the books. i guess she had a dream about the meadow and it started from there!!

angiedunn said...

I, like Michelle, am rationing my New Moon time.

♥'ed Twilight, dream of Edward, and can't wait to see what's in store for all my vampires.

Anonymous said...

Kaelene, I'm so glad you're an Edward fan too!!! :)
You'll appreciate to learn then that I'll be going to Stephenie Meyer's book signing here in SLC. My birthday present to myself!
Love your blog!
Clarisse (Elisa's sister...) ;)