Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy "Administrative Professionals" Day!

We've progressed so far in this big ole POLITICALLY CORRECT world that we can't even call it "Secretary's Day"! But, ironically enough, when people go "HUH????" what other words can you use to describe it?? None other than, "Well, it used to be called Secretary's day . . . " with an apologetic tone in your not-so-politically-correct voice.
Who knew that one day it would INCORRECT to be called a seca-terry!

Anyway, I have had fun with this, because one of the fun parts of my job is buying the gifts for the "Administrative professionals" in the office. (myself included! The most fun, for my own gift, is that I got to choose where the gift card was from, purchase it, and then spend my lunch hour spending it . . . at IKEA!! Love that store!! Anyway, back to my point!)

So, I bought supplies to make cards, that I lifted from Maddy's daughter's B-day invite (thanks for the inspiration, Maddy!!) and then gift cards from Chili's and flowers for the desks.
It isn't as big a deal as I would like to make, but the profits are down, right now, in the housing industry, so we have to adjust the budget across the company! But, go me! I came in at $.26 UNDER budget!! And who says I'm NOT doing my part for the economy of my employer???

A different, and not so happy topic -- What is UP with the Suns???? We did a great job against San Antonio, during regular season play! Now, when it really matters, we can't seem to play great for an entire game! I guess that saying is true, "All that matters is what happens AFTER regular season play is over!" I still love you guys, but my dad . . . he's ready to get himself a Utah Jazz jersey! He even said, after last night's loss . . . "I'm not going to live long enough to see this team win a championship!" Okay, let's keep it all in perspective, shall we???


5 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

Sister baby~ This is Colette Freestone. I found your blog off of Angie Dunn's. I went to high school with her. I hope you remember who I am. I loved having you in young women's. You were so amazing with all of us crazy girls.
I've been married for 5 years and have 2 kids. I absolutely love my life. Thank you of teaching me and helping me choice the right.

Colette

We also have a blog but its private. If you want to see it email me and I can add you to the list. colettegoodman@gmail.com

Tammy said...

KK-

This is Tammy! DeAwna gave me your blog address. How are you! I would love to talk to you and catch up! My blog is theprueittfamily.blogspot.com
Lots going on in my little world! You can get my number from DeAwna if you want to call. I just dont want to post it over the net. Hope to talk to you soon! Love ya!

Victor and Annette said...

Ok, tell Lenny that if I am living in Utah and still a Suns fan... he can just deal with the hard times and support the home team. The kids in my class always make fun of me because we have a small Suns nurf ball to play some games with. By the way the cards are way cute.

Anonymous said...

CUTE CARD GIRL!!!! Love your blog! I need to post here more!

Maddy said...

Oh dang, those cards turned out cute!!

Sorry about the Suns :(

And it looks like you have a fan club, lol!