Monday, April 7, 2008

A Spiritual Feast


This past weekend was the 178th Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. (for more info, go here: http://www.mormon.org/) I always look forward to these weekends, every April and October, to have my spiritual bucket filled.

It was quite a priviledge to sustain another modern-day prophet in Thomas S. Monson. He is such a dynamic leader and he eminates kindness and concern for others.

I always love to watch/listen to conference, to be reminded of the love that my Heavenly Father has for me, and the plan that He has for all of us - the plan of happiness. I don't know, or care to think about, where I would be, in this life, if I didn't have the spiritual grounding that is found here.

On another topic . . . Michelle and I went to Scrapbooks, Etc. on Friday night, to work on our scrapbooks. That is always a treat! And, I actually finished a few pages that I had started, and then worked on a few other projects, too. True therapy is what I find in scrapbooking! Besides the added bonus of preserving my families memories! Here are some things that I did:

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love conference so much too! It is such a treat! Cute stuff as usual . . . . enjoy the goof balls as they pay you a visit this week!!!

Kaelene said...

Aubrey, do I hear a note of jealousy in your voice??? You KNOW that you want to come and play with us!! ;)
Hey, will you please tell Josh and Mindy to give me some current photos of their dolly?? I want to see cute baby photos!!!

Victor and Annette said...

I love it too! Conference was awesome! I had my 3/4 of my family here for the weekend... My brother and I went to the last session of conference on Sunday. It was so neat to be there.

Kerry said...

I love the scrappy projects you worked on! I haven't scrapped at the store in EONS! That was always so much fun! I'm glad you had a fun night!

angiedunn said...

Word up about conference. I find myself craving it when we are approaching another one. I feel so inspired by all the words o' wisdom.

That princess project is to die for!

Anonymous said...

conference is always wonderful. Love those layouts!

Lisa