Monday, April 14, 2008

Miracles of Modern Electronics

So, I'm checking in on my blog the other day, and lo and behold, my friend, Cheryl, from high school, has left a comment on my blog, and her email address! Totally AWESOME!! (80's quote, don't ya know!)

Anyway, I was so excited to hear from her and catch up a little on all the time that has gone by! That is a miracle of modern electronics . . . and a blessing of old friends reunited!

Another modern electronics miracle . . . digital cameras! No more waiting until all the pictures on the roll have been taken, and then waiting for them to be developed, only to discover that half of them aren't even worth the paper they were printed on! Instead, we can take photos, look at them instantly and delete them if they are less than perfect. Then, the best part of all -- the ability to send them, via the web, to anyone and everyone you want! That is amazing! And then, posting them on my blog is an added bonus!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I would post photos from the day of my Grandma's funeral. I finally got the CD of pictures from my friend, (she has one of those fancy pants cameras! She did a fabulous job with it!!) and so, here are some specimens of her handiwork:
This is my parents and my 6 six siblings and I. We are unsure what occasion will bring us all together again, or how soon! So, we took this opportunity to be photographed!

Next, we have my parents with 15 of their 17 grandchildren. Yep, 17! They DO feel that old, just ask them!! LOL

6 comments:

Victor and Annette said...

Oh my gosh, I love those pictures... Its amazing what a few years away can do. Beautiful family!

Lisa said...

your family is beautiful kaelene! our best family photos were taken at dave's mom's funeral too. sad that it takes a funeral to bring everyone together but it is good to have them together in a time of sadness.

oh--another great device that is almost as good as a digi camera? rice cooker! LOL

Kaelene said...

Good point, Lees! But, alas, my Jorge prefers the good ole fashioned way of a pan on the stove, for cooking rice! He IS from a 3rd world country, so we'll cut him some slack!!!

{Brooke} said...

i would be way out of a job without modern electronics!

angiedunn said...

17 Grandkids...that's a posterity! How cool is that? Such a cute fam.

I'm excited for you to join in on the new-blog-endeavors! Send me a pic if you want, and/or otherwise I'll see you on the blog Monday, girlfriend!

Maddy said...

That is so cool about your friend.

And so sorry I missed last night! After leaving Dustin all day, I totally owed him some time.

I want to see picture though!