Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday and Surprise!


So, Sunday was Jorge's birthday - he decided that he is going backwards, so he is now 48 . . . again! The poor man - he worked Saturday night, and then came home to try to sleep for a while, before church. Every time he would get to sleep, his phone would ring, with a call from another friend or loved one, wishing him "Happy Birthday!" But, he loved hearing from everyone!

After church, we were headed to my sister's house for dinner: Chicken enchiladas, salad, chips and salsa, and some amazing vegetable medley, with cheesecake for the birthday boys! (My brother, Jeremy, had his birthday on Saturday!)

So, we had finished dinner, and the door opens- in walks DeAwna, my sister who lives in Denver, CO! My mom's face was PRICELESS - she almost dropped her jaw on the floor!!

DeAwna had decided that she REALLY needed a vacation, and she wanted to see a comedy show with some friends, and she DROVE (the craziest part!) from Denver, to spend a week in the oven . . . er, Mesa, AZ.

It was supposed to be a surprise for ALL of us, except my sister, Karalee, and her BFF, Megan. But, she caved a couple of weeks ago, and told me about it! It is good to see her, and since I currently have no job, I will be able to spend more time with her, this visit.

Oh, and I got to give HER a surprise .... . I am making her a memorial album of her first and oldest dog, Shasta. (See my blog entry for 8/01/09) My niece, MaiCee and I spent 3 hours looking through my collection of photos and scrapbooks to come up with decent amount of photos! The coolest part is that I found photos of her with ALMOST all of my nieces and nephews! She loved the kids!


Ya, we stayed up until 2 am last night . . . . I am really starting to feel it! {YAWN!!}

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a CUTE book! You are so talented. Glad to see you had a great time with your sis.

Julie said...

What a great idea, I bet she loved it!!

Aubrey said...

That is a good surprise!!! I am glad you got to spend time with her . . . I guess it pays not to have a job (at least during that week)

Kaelene said...

Making that card for Jorge made me REALLY hungry for Red Velvet Cake! Still got that hankerin' . . .