Tuesday, April 17, 2007

celebratin' Maddy

Maddy -- from minute one of meeting her, she was as spunky, sarcastic, and outgoing as anyone who knows her will tell you she always is!
Michelle and I go way back, and have been friends for almost eight years. We have been scrappin' together that long, because that is how we met. But, in 2001, I decided to move to Utah, and Michelle found some new scrap friends, via 2 peas.
Anyway, in May or June, 2005, Kerry, Michelle and Maddy came to Utah, for CKU. I agreed to meet them for dinner in Draper, a suburb of Salt Lake, for dinner.
We met at Guadalahonky's, which is a Mexican food restaurant. At the door, when we walked in, there was a big sign, advertising their special, which they called "The Big Taco". Underneath this name was "Taco Grande", which is Spanish for "Big Taco". We kinda joked about how anyone who has ever eaten at TAco Bell knows what "Taco Grande" means.
Anyway, we sat down to eat, and we were all placing our orders. When it was my turn, I was sorta making a joke out of it, and ordered THE BIG TACO. Maddy made some kind of comment about me being so fluent in Spanish and everything, that I had to order it in English.
What she didn't know, at that point, was that I AM fluent in Spanish, (see Latin Lover reference -- we wouldn't be able to communicate, verbally, if I weren't fluent in Spanish!!). So, then I proceeded to tell Maddy that -- we all had a good laugh about that.
Since then Maddy has shown me what a great sport she is and how she can dish it out, but she can also take it! I love that about her!
And, did you know she has a son?? Just kidding, Maddy! ;) Love ya!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Heeeee! The big taco!

Maddy said...

WOOT! I love me a big taco ;)