Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend highlights

My weekend wasn't exactly full of interesting events -- although I did get to do some scrapbook shopping, before the big crop that I attended on Saturday night.
Jorge and I did attend a Special Olympics track and field event on Friday night. It was great to see so much enthusiasm and support in one place. One little guy, while running in the 50 yard dash, kept looking back to make sure his buddy in the next lane was still coming. It was so sweet to see that sort of team effort.
One quote, that I read there, really impressed me! It goes like this, "Success isn't final; Failure isn't fatal; Courage is EVERYTHING!" I really like that, and I think that I will find a way to put it up in as many visible places as possible, to help me remember that, and live accordingly.
Saturday night was a Scrapbook Crop that my amazing friend Shanna put on! I had been WAITING for that night -- Shanna knows how to throw a great party! She even had a DJ there. It was a completely therapeutic evening for me. (Even though leaving Jorge at home was a little traumatic for me! I'm a newlywed, remember!?!?!?!)
Sunday was a relaxing day -- we usually have dinner with family on Sundays. So, we were assigned salad, to bring. My sweet husband has been dubbed the official salad chef for the family. He cut up all the vegetables while I took a nap! Woo hoo!
Everyone loved the salad, of course. You're fabulous, Jorge!
Another week and only four work days for me!! My sister, DeAwna, is coming to town on Tuesday night, and we are going to play this weekend! Woo hoo!
Hey, two "woo hoo"s on a Monday -- that's a good sign!!

No comments: