Monday, April 16, 2007

Where oh where did my weekend go???

Is it just me, or do weekends FLY by, while the other days of the week, specifically those hours spent at work, crawl at a snail's pace???
I swear, Saturday was gone before I could get any housework done -- my husband and I joked that maybe we'll have time in June or July to vacuum! HA HA (That's not my favorite thing, but it is a necessary evil!)
Thankfully we are both of the "Sunday is a day of rest" way of thinking, so no housework (except for a few dishes) on Sunday. And neither one of us has to feel guilty or pressured to do that sort of work on Sunday. Woo hoo.
Last night, at choir practice, we were practicing for Mother's Day! I can't believe that May is already that close! CRAZY!! Maybe by this time next year, I can be celebrated, on Mother's Day, as a Mother . . . I can hope, right?? And keep practicing, wink, wink!
And then there is Monday morning -- I dread Mondays! I always have, except for the year and a half stint as an LDS Missionary, when Mondays were our preparation days, (aka day off from the usual workload!). Those Mondays weren't so bad!
But, even when there is a holiday on a Monday, that I don't have to be at work for, Tuesday falls right into that Monday spot -- lots of things don't go right, and lots of unexpected things happen. I guess that falls right in line with how life works, sometimes!

No comments: