Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm thankful for music!

As I sit here at my desk, at work, surrounded by all this paperwork that I struggle to tackle every day, I've decided to find something to be thankful for.
My thankfulness, today, goes toward music. It is the background for life, and it can serve many purposes. I currently am listening to Josh Groban -- his first album.
Not only does hearing this music soothe me in my hectic work day, but it also brings back many memories of when I first came to own this album, back in 2002, I believe. That was another time and another place, in my life. And I have come so far from that person that I was then, both figuratively and literally!
I was living in Utah, just getting to know a few people, working 3 jobs, and feeling like I would have to accept being single as my lot in life.
Now, five plus years and MANY heartbreaks later, I am back in my home state of Arizona, married to a wonderful man, and GLAD!!!!!!! that my single days are done!
But, to quote a good country song, "the song remembers when . . ."
I'm thankful for music -- that soothes, that motivates, that inspires, that makes me want to dance, that helps me remember what is important and that lifts me up.

No comments: