Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The thing with birthdays . . . .

Is that usually you don't FEEL another year older, just because one day you actually ARE another year older! But for me, this year has been a little different!
As mentioned in previous entries, Jorge and I got married this year -- the thing that is so significant about that and my birthday is that I've never shared my birthday with a husband before!
I started a tradtion, about 13 years ago, of taking the day off of work, when my birthday comes around. I think it is a great little gift to myself! And, in years past, I have spent the day getting a massage, a pedicure, seeing a movie, or scrapbooking the day away!
This year, I spent the day with Jorge . . . and that is a good thing, just a big change from previous years, obviously! (Can you believe that he didn't JUMP at the opportunity to spend the day at Scrapbooks Etc.???)
So, we started with running errands, and taking care of average, every day stuff, like we do on Saturdays. But, all in all it was a good day, and Hey, I did get lunch at Matta's with my mom and sister.
Next year, I will plan a little better, and the husband will be used to my birthday off, too!

No comments: