Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another year older . . .


. . . and deeper in debt" So the song goes! Wish it weren't true for me! LOL

So, it doesn't matter HOW old I get, the world (and people in it!) never cease to amaze me! I am amazed that people have opened their minds enough to elect a man of color to be the president. For me, although he wasn't my choice, this is HUGE, because even 20 years ago, when I lived in South Carolina, there were still 2 sides of every little town, the white side and the black side, and the two DID NOT mix.

I just hope that this can help us all to look past skin color and religious differences and choice of cothes to want to unite in ideals, morals, values and support of the Constitution of the United States of America.

So, as I usually do, I took the day off for my birthday. I didn't do anything too exciting - the whole point is that I didn't HAVE to do anything! Jorge and I went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, because I apparently share my day with "National Doughnut Day". When I heard that on the news yesterday morning, and as the rumbly in my tumbly grew louder, we made the "snap" decision to have some for breakfast. YUMMY!! And, they have a seasonal doughnut . . . Pumpkin! Even better!

Then we ran some errands, had some lunch at Matta's Grill, and then I took a nap, when Jorge went to work. Ah, the decadance! Then my friend, Nancy, and I went to Cold Stone Creamery for my free birthday ice cream. (Yep, there's lots of stuff that you can get for free on your birthday . . . check it out online!) Then it was scrappin' time! My favorite! Woo hoo!
The only bad part? I have to go to bed early, to be at work early, tomorrow! That's the bummer of middle of the week birthdays! Oh well, next year it will be Thursday, and maybe I'll take Thursday AND Friday, and go to Disneyland!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Aw, happy belated birthday Kaelene!!! Sorry I missed your post, I tried to stay away from the internet yesterday - if you know what I mean - no offense to my obama friends, just tired of political stuff.

How's that for a run on sentence?

Anyway... happy birthday, happy doughnut day and we love you!!! I hope you had a great day!!

m = michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!

Maddy said...

Oh man, how did I miss your birthday! Happy birthday girlie poo!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Kaelene! Sounds like you had a good day! Enjoy!!!! Miss you! Call me sometime.

angiedunn said...

happy birthday K!!! i would sing to you, if i were there in real life.

happy to hear you took the day off...you deserve it.

i'm craving dunkin donuts now: are they open at 1am?

Lorie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday!!!