Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Part 2 about the Chu

So, I finally got my photos of my cute pup loaded onto my computer. Unfortunately, she is no longer my pup! (As previously mentioned, our rental agreement says "NO PETS!")
So, we were going along, looking for her former owners. Even thought we found them, but, no. So, Jorge and I talked about keeping her, but finding a different place to live. In the meantime, if anything came up, she could live at Grammy and Grumpy's house.
But then . . . I was speaking to the landlord, about a different matter. Then he said, "your neighbors want a dog." "oh?" I replied.
"I reminded them that we don't allow pets here, " he said. "And then they said, 'Well, the Zapatas have a chihuahua!"
I quickly began to explain, "we found her . . . we're looking for her owner . . . we're trying to find her a new home . . . "
His response, "So, she doesn't live there anymore??"
"well, we are trying to find . . ."
" SHE DOESN'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE???"
"no, she doesn't live here anymore!"
Then, the search was on for a new home. Suddenly Jorge decided he wanted to GIVE her to my parents, but they aren't so much the dog grandparents. (As my dog-crazy sister reminded me more than once!) So, I started talking to people that I know.
Sure enough, Saturday morning, my visiting teacher's daughter, Deana, called me up. "Are you still trying to find a home for your puppy??"
"yes we are!"
"Are you home, can we come and see her?" And an hour later, we had no dog in our apartment. I will admit that I got choked up . . . I get attached easily! And she was my walking buddy at night. . .
But, she has moved on to a bigger and better life, and now, her name is Tizzy! It's cute, don't you think?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

i'm so glad i finally have a pic to go with the doggie!!!! glad you found a home for her!