Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Hits the Big Screen

Don't worry, no spoilers here!!
I saw this movie "Twilight" this past weekend. It was good . . . that part wasn't a surprise! I have to say, originally, Edward was a disappointment, because apparently the gorgeous guy in my head has a lot more "wow" power than this actor. But, as the story went on, he grew on me!
I will say this - there were 2 six-year old little girls in the row in front of us, to see this movie. I don't know any six year olds who would be able to follow this story, but, whatever! The only thing about that is . . . one of the previews that they showed was SO disturbing that I was closing my eyes for most of it! My friend, Nancy, said she started praying after the first 30 seconds, because of the evil that she felt. SCARY!!! I can tell you that there probably wasn't anything nightmare-inspiring about "Twilight", but that preview was enough to give ME nightmares, and I am quite a few years older than 6!!!!
Maybe they got some complaints, because my sister said that when she went to the same theater on Saturday night, that preview wasn't shown. Who knows! I don't really get into the horror genre, so I can't be . . . appreciative, I guess is the word, of the gory, scary, violent crap that is a horror preview! Obviously not a lot of thought went into placing that preview. Yes, "Twilight" does deal with vampires, but NO!!! "Twilight" is NOT about scary, violent vampires. In my mind, NOT the same as a horror film!!
SOME IDIOT KEPT TAKING PHOTOS WITH THEIR DIGITAL CAMERA! THAT'S ANNOYING! PEOPLE, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE INTERNET? THEY ACTUALLY PUT PICTURES ON THERE, THAT YOU CAN PRINT OUT, OF THE CHARACTERS FROM MOVIES!!
Anyway, it was good . . . and it was cool to see the author, Stephenie Meyer, doin' a little cameo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one word to say about this
" TWI-TARDS"........... Oh yeah I went there.