Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Spirit of Christmas, Take 2





Last year, my co-workers and I made a FABULOUS Christmas happen, for a friend and her family. It was a great experience, and it was so touching to see those happy little faces soak in the joy that Christmas is, as they watched the gifts pile up beneath their tree.


This year, all of us are a little more lean in the wallet, and we haven't made any plans to play Santa again. So, I want to appeal to my friends, family and anyone else who cares to participate, after reading this entry.

I have a friend that is a single mom. She is working hard to financially support her son, who is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is coming up short for her Christmas plans, for him, because she is struggling, as it is, to support him in his everyday expenses.

I told her that I would like to help. She is very humble and gracious, and said, "I think we'll be okay!" But, I don't want to settle for that answer!

I remember how it feels to be away from family at Christmas! My wish is to make this Christmas a good one for that missionary, and maybe even help his mom out! I'm thinking gift cards for WalMart - that way he can buy food or socks or gloves or batteries for his alarm clock, whatever he wants!

I am not setting any sort of limit, because my own donation will be meager but from the heart! If you would like to help this young man and his family, and feel that joy that is found this time of year, please email me. I would LOVE to be a part of another Christmas miracle, that comes when many hearts and hands pull together!

Please leave your email address in a comment, if you would like to participate! Remember that "many hands make light work", so if we all pitch in, even a little bit, we can make a BIG difference in the life of another! I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for listening! ♥

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

KK,
I'm in, no my girls and I are in, I feel very lucky that my girls are not without, but it's important to me they feel the spirit of giving. You have my email address.

Em said...

I've been blessed lately by out pouring of generosity. I have only been a single mom for 3.5 weeks since my husband died and don't know of all the struggles she goes through but I'm willing to do something even if it isn't much. I know people have big hearts even if their wallets aren't and together we can all make a difference in someone's life. please email me at iwearyellow(at)gmail

Lisa said...

kaelene--you are my hero! i love how you are always thinking of others and trying to help those in need!!! i want to help too!

Aubrey said...

I would be happy to help if I can in some way. Just let me know. (acritchfield@msn.com)