Tuesday, May 22, 2007

He gets me!

It's kind of cliche -- the whole MFEO thing! I don't even know that I have actually heard, in real life, that many people say "We were so made for each other!" Of course, in the movies, forget about it! Everyone is MFEO in the movies, whether they should be or not!
But, little things that happen, not necessarily on a daily basis, help me to know that Jorge and I truly are made to help each other through this crazy thing called life!
The other day I was making some tacos for lunch. My sister was at work, and I was going to take her some tacos, too, after Jorge and I finished eating. Anyway, as I was packing up her tacos, and cleaning the kitchen, Jorge says, "you are a good sister."
That sounds like a simple statement, and maybe a little vague, but with his comment I got a little misty-eyed. My husband is learning to understand me. He comes from an environment of mistrust and betrayal, and he is learning more about me, to help him to trust me.
I won't be all gooshy and bore you with details that are probably only fabulous to me, but we can complete each other's thoughts, and think of the same things and smile when we talk to each other about our thoughts.
He is still a man -- and though I have been known to be a bitter man-basher in my younger years - but if I could choose one, to be the most like what I need, it would be him.
Heavenly Father truly knows what (and in this case, who!!) I need. I feel so blessed to call myself a daughter of God, and hope to be able to live worthy of all that he blesses me with.

1 comment:

Victor and Annette said...

That is sooo cool... don't you love it when you feel that connection.