Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I've been tagged!!

I've been tagged by Michelle and the rules say you give 7 little known facts about yourself and then tag 7 people. This could be interesting . . . .

ONE
I worry that my friends and family will question my motives and sincerity, when I just want to help them to be happy. I really like to be helpful and do whatever I can to help people maintain their sanity.

TWO
I'm a poet. I don't write poems to make big money, or to necessarily impress anyone, but I write what I feel. And, unfortunately, I don't always get to pick when a poem will work itself out in my heart and head. The last poem that I wrote was for Jorge -- in April, 2005.

THREE
I'm not a competitive person, even when it could possibly benefit me to be more competitive. I don't know why . . . I'm just not motivated by a contest. Unless, of course, you are talking about Scrabble or Boggle -- then, you'd better watch out!! (see #4)

FOUR
So, maybe this is one isn't so "little known" -- I am a FREAK about words! I love them!!! I love spelling and reading and crossword puzzles and Wheel of Fortune, because of them. And, if the word is in a foreign language, please pronounce it correctly in my presence! And, NEVER say "ex-pecially" around me, if you'd like to keep my respect for you intact.

FIVE
Music is my passion. All sorts of music -- except for the heavy metal or grunge or angry music that is more about being angry than anything else. Music is supposed to help us be happy, and so I like music that makes me happy.
I like country music, because of the poetry of the lyrics. I love jazz, because it is both rhythmic and soothing. I love classical and new age music, because the beauty of the songs literally brings tears to my eyes. (I was once walking at the Tempe Arts Festival, and heard some beautiful music being played on the piano. It literally moved me -- with tears of joy in my eyes, I sought out the booth from which it wafted. The artist -- Alex Grant. Local pianist; heavenly melodies.)
I like hip hop and dance music because they are fun to move to, and 80s music . . . well, duh! It's just full of memories!

SIX
I love the ocean. I love the smells, the sounds, and the feel of the spray on my face. I love watching the sun set on the beach, and I want to live on a beach someday. Luckily, my husband shares that dream!

SEVEN
I have a secret wish to write children's literature. Reading has always been a favorite pastime, and I would love to be able to put some of my thoughts and poems into book form for children.

So, there you have it! Now, as far as tagging people --
Annette
Saralyn
DeAwna
DeNeece
um. . . . I don't know who else has a blog, to tag them!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

fun stuff! And I feel like I know you pretty well :)