Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wyatt's words of wisdom

Okay, first of all, it has been OVER a week since I've posted, but I have some REALLY good reasons!!
A) I had to move, from one apartment to another, WITHOUT my husband! (As Michelle said, "He's a genius!!" He's out of town, working, right now.)

B) The holiday weekend came and went without any quality computer time.

Okay, enough of the excuses!! I have decided to follow Shanna's example, and start blogging the cute things that my nieces and nephews say, (and someday soon, I hope, my children, too!) so that when they are older, we will have the stories documented somewhere.
Anyway, our new apartment is in the same building as my brother, Jeremy, and his family's apartment. He has 3 children. Wyatt, a very precocious and intelligent almost-5-year-old, Olivia, 2 1/2, and Theron, who is almost 9 mos old.
Anyway, I was talking to Jeremy, on Saturday morning, after some helpers from my ward had helped me move MOST of our furniture. I gave him a run down of what needed to be moved still. I said something about my coffee table.
Wyatt was standing nearby, and asked, rather shocked, "Why do you want to drink coffee on it?" (He knows only too well that it is against our beliefs to drink coffee, thus the question!) I replied, "Well, I don't drink coffee on it, honey, that is just what they call it! It really is a table that goes in the middle of the room, so we could call it the "middle of the room" table if you want!" With that, he nodded his approval.
Later that same day, I made another comment, in his presence, about the coffee table. He piped up with "Don't you mean the "middle of the room" table??" (This kid doesn't forget!!) And I said, "ya, but that name is a little long!! How 'bout if we call it the "hot chocolate" table?" He liked that idea even better!
On Sunday, when they were visiting for a few minutes, just out of the blue, he asked me, "When are we gonna have hot chocolate on your table?" In spite of my desire to laugh out loud at his question, I convinced him that it would be better to wait for cold weather to drink hot chocolate on the newly renamed table.
He is such a cute boy, and I hope that one day he will see the humor in this story!

2 comments:

Victor and Annette said...

hey KK... I miss you, come up to Utah... when does your honey come home? Kids are so cute, have you looked a Sars blog lately Hyrum is such a ham.

Anonymous said...

that's pretty funny!!

lisa