Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!!







Well, I have to say that I am not starting out my new year as well as I would like . . . I woke up New Year's Day with mucho chest congestion and coughing! Not my idea of a good time!!
But, I don't believe in signs, so I will NOT take this as an omen for the year to come!!

Anyway . . . Jorge and I went to Utah for Christmas. My first Christmas EVER in Utah, even though I lived there for 4 years. (I always went home, to Arizona, for Christmas!) Thanks to whomever arranged for the "white" for our Christmas -- It was beautiful!! The thing about Utah snow is that it is really too dry to play in, as far as making snowballs and a snowman . . . not to mention the fact that Jorge refused to play in it! He doesn't like snow!!
It was great to see some family and friends! To those of you that I didn't get to see -- I still love ya! It's hard to cram 4 years worth of friends and past life into a 5 day trip!
And, can I just say -- I LOVE FLYING TO UTAH!! No, we didn't fly . . . but the 14.5 hours (thanks to bad traffic and snowy weather) in the car made for a really rough day of arrival. I spent 4 hours in bed, along with a healthy (????) dose of extra strength acetominephen to get rid of the back pain.
It was neat to spend Christmas with the Greene clan and see some of their family traditions. Jorge and I are combining two cultures, so we have yet to come up with our own traditions -- this was, after all, our first Christmas together.
I don't have any photos right now -- they are in my camera just waiting to come out! I'll upload later!
New Year's Eve -- I got a little taste of Colombia there! Jorge and I have met some other people from Colombia, and they invited us to spend New Year's with them. Well, I didn't know, before that night, that in Colombia, the party STARTS at midnight!!!! So, "Feliz Anyo" (spelled phonetically, since I don't know how to do the symbol, in this blogger format!!) was exchanged by all, and THEN the partying started! Lots of Latin music, dancing, food, talking, and more music, dancing, food . . . and then, about 2:30 am, Kaelene did NOT have the energy to party anymore! I started falling asleep right in the chair that I was sitting in! EMBARASSING!! But, our hostess didn't even blink when Jorge told her that I needed to rest. So, she showed me to a bedroom, with a comfy bed, and I did my best to relax for the next hour.
Jorge is a great dancer, AND had had himself a nap earlier in the day, so he was all about keeping the party alive . . . next year I'll do better, honey! We called it a "night" about 6 am -- ya, I couldn't stay awake for the drive home! New Year's Day was just one big relax-fest . . . Thankfully!!
Anyway, I hope that the year is starting out well for all! I'm excited to see what changes this year can bring! Heaven knows that 2007 brought its share of challenges, but we are better people for it!
My main goal for 2008 -- Be happy EVERY DAY! I think I can find a thing or two to smile about, every day! What about you?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

glad you had a white christmas and a good new years! i don't think i could have even stayed up for the start of the party!

Victor and Annette said...

Hey you, sounds like you had a great New Years. I loved the white Christmas also... we have gotten so much snow the last coupe of days its crazy... it is the kind that is wetter, so this past weekend the kids and Vic built a snow cave and forts and had a snow ball fight... Look at the blog I am updating it. Love ya chick.

Netty

Victor and Annette said...

I want to call you but I don't have your phone # email me..... ajewkesbox@yahoo.com

Annette