Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet Sorrow



President Hinckley passed over to the other side of the veil last night. He was 97 - I guess that he has earned a little rest! Plus, while he was our prophet dear, he kicked some serious butt, with all the temples that were built and all the travelling he did. I will miss his humor and frankness, and overall love of people!

I heard him speak, in person, in March of 2002, and THEN he was making comments about his age and how much longer he may or may not be here . . . I guess that just proves that NONE of us really know when our time to go is.

On that same subject, a guy in my parents' ward died on Friday -- they still don't know why! He went to the ER, because he had been sick with a fever and extreme stomach pain, since Thursday. While they were prepping him for emergency surgery, his heart stopped and they couldn't revive him. I feel so badly for his wife and kids; that has to be such a shock!

With all that is happening in the world today, political unrest, faltering economy, etc. it makes me want to focus on what really matters - family, spiritual well being and love of my fellow men (and women, obviously!). I have to keep reminding myself to "live like you were dyin'".

Another quote that I have found about life, really makes me smile - "Life may not be the party that we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance." - Anonymous

I'm workin' for that attitude! :)

4 comments:

angiedunn said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture of dear President Hinckley! How cute is that? Thanks for your thoughts girl, you're awesome.

Lisa said...

that was so sad about the prez. i loved him, he was awesome!!

{Brooke} said...

Hi! President Hinckley was so cute. I will miss him. Your blog looks good. You should put more pictures up. Being the big scrapper you are I know you take lots of good shots!! Love Brooke

{Brooke} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.