Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Average Joe Olympics




You know, for 2 solid weeks we were inspired by the world's greatest athletes, showing us what they have endured and trained for, to represent their countries with finesse and grace. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't impressed. So many inspiring stories of endurance and sticking to a goal.

But, what about us "average" people? Couldn't we have some sort of Olympics? I would LOVE to be on the Olympic Scrabble team, or even the Olympic Spaghetti making team. I know a few people who could kick some serious butt on the Olympic Sleeping team! Oooooooh -- even better, the Olympic snoring team . . . I've got a gold medal candidate at my house!!

Of course, the OBVIOUS Olympic Scrapbooking team . . . I would SOOOOOOOOOOO be working out and practicing for that one!

The best part of all this Olympic stuff, is that we may not be able to lift 350 lbs or do a pole vault, or win 8 swimming events, but we can all be inspired to do the best at whatever we do, because we have witnessed people giving their all for their country and their personal best.

Oh, one event that would HAVE to be included in the "Average Joe" Olympics . . . the Stupid Reporter Questions team . . . For example, the guy who asked the American runner who had just been disqualified, "How do you feel?" Uh, how about YOU should feel lucky that this guy doesn't bust you in the nose, right now???? "I've been training for this moment for years, working my butt off for the past 6 months, already done a bit of a victory dance on the field, and YOU wanna know how I feel????" Ya, that kind of question does NOT requiring extensive training!!

Anyway, this may seem like its a random, disjointed post, but I just want to go on, with the inspiration that the Olympic games were, and be my best "average joe" self. I hope that we can all be the greatest us possible! ♥

6 comments:

Lisa said...

i told dave that they should have the people reporting on the olympics have to do the event themselves when they make comments like "that wobble is going to cost her" or "he made a huge mistake right there". hey--you get up on that vault and do a routine. i would like that!

Tammy said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Anonymous said...

KK... I am inspired by your words, but did you have to pick Kobe for the basketball picture!!??
Brooke

Kaelene said...

Sorry, Brooke, his was the photo that I found, and he was the one that really impressed me (I guess because I didn't hear them interview Boozer!!) with his thoughts about representing his country and playing for this honor! TEAM USA, you know! :)

angiedunn said...

amen sister.

i was always the one to recieve the green participation ribbon. never the blue nor red! hahaha!

i could definitely win the messiest house today...hands down.

angiedunn said...

i before e, except after c.

*receive

sorry.