Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bitter sweet victory!!


Bitter for me, sweet for Misty May-Traenor, Kerri Walsh AND me! I said it, didn't I, that the Olympics would mean lots of sitting around doing nothing else, time, for me?? Well, who decided that we should be FORCED ( ha ha ha ) to watch these games until 11 pm at night???

I have really enjoyed watching these 2 amazing women conquer the Beach Volleyball scene, in Beijing. As I was rejoicing for them at the top of my lungs, in my little living room, last night, I DID, for one milli-second, think, "Oh, the neighbors may be asleep!" Then I just kept my mouth quiet and clapped, and shed a few tears of joy for them.

The Olympian athletes are truly inspirational and great examples of setting goals and sticking to the task until the goal is accomplished. Obviously I am a team USA fan, but I am inspired by all of them.

I will just be glad to get some more sleep, when it is all said and done!

7 comments:

Kerry said...

Haha, yeah the lady at the drive through at mcdonalds has been telling me everyday how tired she is from staying up late watching the olympics! It's funny. Hey, at least she gets a good deal on the caffiene to keep her awake. ;)

I'm going to be kind of sad when this is all over. I've gotten caught up in it.

Kaelene said...

Kerry, I don't even want to think about the withdrawals I will have. . . I will just think of the sleep I will be getting, again! And, maybe I'll buy the DVD and relive it all another day! I'm so addicted!

Lisa said...

that is so amazing. i bet you wanted to pat my butt didn't you? hee hee

i bet kerry patted the drive-thru ladies butt!

angiedunn said...

true that. the olympics mean late bedtimes & tired eyes in the morn! so stinkin' entertaining!

TGIF!

{Brooke} said...

Boy I'd say it's inspiring!!! I love some of the trials that many have had to overcome to make it there!

Maddy said...

I know! I totally have bags under my eyes! The men's was just as brutal.

Victor and Annette said...

I was just thinking last night watching the closing of the Olympics that I was really going to miss watching them.... I don't think that I have really ever been into them until this year!