Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Commentary . . . out of the mouths of babes


Okay, I LOVE watching the Olympic games! I'm afraid that I won't accomplish much, at home, over the next 2 weeks, because it is so interesting to be planted in front of the TV, watching the events, and learning fascinating things about China and about individual athletes. Too cool! And those opening ceremonies . . . I believe that I now know what $300 million dollars looks like! Amazing!!

My brother, Jeremy, doesn't usually watch TV on Sunday, and his kids know that rule. But, the Olympics are apparently worthy of an exception! Jeremy and Diane have been doing a great job of explaining different things to their kids.


Last night, Wyatt was asking us, "Is this the medal round? Or are they still in the semi-finals?"
Then, he said, "We were watching swimming, and I really enjoyed it!" (What six year old talks like that???:)


Then, Olivia was telling us about "water pillow". She said, "We were watching them play water pillow, and Daddy thought that they couldn't stand up in the water! But, it is only 3 feet deep . . . I can jump in where it's 3 feet!!"


When asked, "Olivia, are you talking about "Water Polo"?" She said, "Ya, water pillow!" She then said that she didn't want to say "Polo"! Too cute! One day she will look back at this memory and laugh, too.


Oh -- here's a wave to Matt in Colorado! ;)

9 comments:

Kerry said...

I haven't watched any of the Olympics yet, but it sounds like I'm missing some good stuff.

Enjoy the next couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

I watched some of the Olympics on Saturday night,I was explaining things to Daylyn she was fascinated with it all. We saw Phelps get his first Gold. I do have to say I was more than Bugged at the way they Butchered our National Anthem during that Medal Ceremony. I haven't seen another medal eremony since then so I'm hoping they fixed that.

Kaelene said...

Ya, Deece, I was trying to sing along with the National Anthem, but they repeated part of it and then cut it off. It was good to see Phelps not be upset about it, but they'd better fix it, you're right! It may be just the swimming facility that has it all screwed up!

Anonymous said...

Hi back from Colorado!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just be sure you wave at me with all five fingers. Not just that one like your sister ;)

Lisa said...

i am loving the olympics!! swimming and gymnastics are incredible!!

Kaelene said...

Matt, a "wave" does, indeed, involve all five fingers! The "one finger salute" on the other hand . . . LOL

jackie said...

I'm loving the olympics too! Whoo Hoo! But I was a bit bummed out by the girls gymnastics last night:( Poor girl, I hope she's not too hard on herself! Thanks for your comment on my blog, that little guy was such a sweetheart to photograph. p.s. love the pic of your latin lover:) And if your ever in the market for some photography, I definitely need some scrapbooking!

Michelle said...

the lifted chick. you really did it hahahaaaaaa goofball!