Wednesday, October 15, 2008

8 Things Tag

8 current obsessions...
1. Chihuahua cuteness! And she is SOOOOOOOOO used to being carried EVERYWHERE!! But put her down, outside, and watch her GO!!
2. Organizing my scrapbook room -- If only my wallet contents could match the vision in my head! Be patient, honey, I'm trying!!
3. Fall Festival for church -- success is in the details!
4. Christmas gifts for the fam . . . what do they like? and, more importantly, what can I afford???
5. Spiritual health -- God loves me even when my efforts are weak!!
6. Jorge's sleeping issues - why won't he listen to me???
7. Digital camera - dead and gone, need a new one! Can't be family photo historian without a camera!
8. Wanna have a baby, wanna have a baby, wanna have a baby!!!!

*8 words or phrases I use often...
1. "I love you!"
2. "In Spanish or English?"
3. "Whatever!"
4. "Silly!"
5. "You can do it!"
6. "If you don't know what it means, don't say it!"
7. "wanna play Scrabble?"
8. "Okay!?!?!?!" (with a sarcastic tone!)

*8 things i want to do before i die...
1. Be a mommy
2. Make a difference in the world, to someone!
3. Scrapbook all my pictures.
4. Be sealed in the temple, to my husband!
5. Write a children's book, or two, or nine!
6. Visit another country . . . preferably European!
7. Compose a song
8. Help the world find a political happy medium . . . "Can't we all just get along??"

*8 things i have learned from my past...
1. First and Foremost -- We did the best that we could at the time!
2. There is no instruction manual for being a "perfect" anything . . . parent, sister, friend, etc.
3. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! In reality, it is all small stuff!!
4. Crying is not a sign of weakness!
5. Good times are worth recording, and hard times are worth counting as experience gained.
6. True love sometimes causes its own kind of turbulance!
7. If at first you don't succeed . . . that means you are human! Try it again!!!
8. For all the pain and suffering of growing up in a large family, I have that many more friends/family members to show for it!

*8 places i would love to go or see..
1. New York -- the entire state, but especially the city!
2. Colombia - I want to learn about the native country of my love!
3. Europe - anywhere, and everywhere!
4. Hawaii -- Jorge and I have a goal to go there, and SOON!!!
5. Disneyland - I DO love to go there, and as many times as possible!
6. Every temple in the continental United States! Maybe I could design some sort of map!
7. To a quiet, local, romantic hotel, with Jorge, for a few days, just to escape life!
8. To the birthplace of the Savior - Bethlehem and all of the Holy Land.

*8 things i currently need or want...
1. Money for a beatifully organized and aesthetically pleasing scrapbook space! (Aunt Deby, you're my inspiration!!)
2. A day without a head/back ache! Man, I wish I had appreciated them when I had them!
3. In reference to #2 - a good, and comfortable, chair to sit on, 8 hours a day! Who knew it could be so difficult to find one???
4. Reassurance that my choices aren't always uneducated and completely wrong!
5. New clothes! But since I don't have the best luck with ready made clothes, maybe what I really need is a personal tailor/fashion designer! :(
6. An idea for a business; or rather, a way to channel all the ideas that I have into one productive idea!
7. A massage - DAILY!!
8. An office remodel! This space is entirely too uninspiring and, at times, cage-like!
There it is, my "8" tag! I tag ALL Y'ALL! At least anybody who wants to jump on the bandwagon! ♥

PS - okay, here's the story with Chica - I still haven't heard anything from anyone about ownership. I DID call a service called "Missing Mutts", and filed a report with them, so if anyone calls there, they can pass on my information. I made flyers, and am working on distributing them. Trying NOT to get too attached, but it's not easy!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

fun tag.

so is this your update about the pooch? No owner knocking down your door?

Tammy said...

K - You are truely an inspiration to me! Call me sometime hwen you actually have time. Sounds like you are a busy woman!

{Brooke} said...

Get that baby, babe!!! Have you tried taking the dog on a walk and telling her to go home, and then follow her to see where she goes??? Just a thought :0)

Lisa said...

i seriously want to reassure you that your decisions are not uneducated or wrong. maybe hormonal at times--hee hee. and you left out a phrase. "rice again?" ha ha

i'm going to do this!