Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's New with the Chu? (short for chihuahua!)

Okay, so, we took Chica to PetsMart . . . they scanned her, but she has no microchip! Jorge's theory? "She's a Mexican . . . they don't use microchips!" He's kinda cute, I'm FOR SURE keeping him! :)
Anyway, got some posters up, asking around the neighborhood, and dodging my landlord like CRAZY! (We are, officially, not allowed to have pets in our apartment! Gotta find her mama, or find her a new one!!)
And, BELIEVE ME, he will find out! He has his ways! For example, my friend, Nancy, was over again, on Saturday, and we were working on a crafty project. Her car was parked in the driveway of the apartment on the other side, oh, and she has "For Sale" on her back window.
So, she had been at my house about an hour and a half, and I needed to go to the grocery store. So, off we went. We were in the store, and my phone rings. I look at the phone and basically had a panic attack, because it was my landlord! I was mortified that he was calling about the dog!!!
But no, instead, he says, in greeting, "Are you starting a used car lot?" And, for a moment, I was completely confused! But, then I realized that he was talking about Nancy's car. "No", I replied, "that's my friend's car . . . she's just visiting, and didn't want to park on the street!"
His next question? "How long is she visiting?" Okay, dude, we can just move the &^$%#( car!!! "she'll be here just a couple of hours!" was my answer.
"Oh, well, that's okay with me! I just thought that someone might be wanting that apartment, and saw that car there . . . " In retrospect, I think he felt really silly (as well he should!!) and wished he had never called.

No comments: