Friday, October 10, 2008

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice



Okay, this is a LITTLE late, but better than never, right??? This week has been a crazy one, with no "personal" computer time!

Every six months, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has its General Conference. The amazing thing about this is that AT LEAST every six months, I TOTALLY need to have my spiritual bucket fill to overflowing. The speakers and topics of General Conference ALWAYS do that for me! This time was no exception.

The other amazing thing is, that in this world of turmoil, fighting, back-stabbing, mud-slinging, hate crimes and violence, the overall message is always: Hope through Jesus Christ. The most everyday disappointments, and even major heartbreaks can be healed through Him, and these conference sessions remind me that Jesus Christ is TRULY the "way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6), and how much His example and influence can calm the storms of my life.

I love to hear the prophet testify of the love that Heavenly Father has for each one of us. And, my favorite talk was probably by President Monson, when he urged and reminded us over and over again, to "Enjoy the Journey"! (Yes, I may just stitch that on a pillow!)

It was refreshing, rejuvinating and hope-filling . . . I am always sad when the Sunday afternoon rolls around (all too quickly!!) because that means it is over for 6 more months. But, hey, that's why we have DVR!! I can watch and listen to whatever talk I want to, to be reminded again and again.

1 comment:

{Brooke} said...

I'm right there with you Kaelene. My favorite talk was the same one too! 'Enjoy the Journey' something I need to practice!