Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


So, October 31 - And the Lifted Chick is having a SPECIAL on her book today! Woo Hoo! Go here: http://michellemeisenbach.blogspot.com/ for more details! Frightfully exciting!

What is it about this day that makes people completely lose their inhibitions and do crazy things? I guess the costumes, and covering up part of a person's usual self probably contributes to that.
I was just now talking to a guy that I work with - he proceeded to tell me about what his costume was last year; a Catholic priest with some accessories that aren't appropriate to discuss on this family oriented blog. This year he is going as the King of the Spartans, from the movie "300". The most exciting part for him??? He gets to go commando all night . . .
Yes, don't worry, I immediately told him that this was WAAAAAAAY too much information! Yikes!

But, I guess part of the fun for everyone is that they get to choose who they get to be for a day. The last few years the extent of my "costume" has been an orange Old Navy t-shirt that has 2 jack-o-lanterns on it and the store name under them.
2 years ago, I tried to make my face look like a jack-o-lantern, with eye shadow, just to sort of enhance my "costume". And, two guys from work were ready to track down my abusive boyfriend . . . (I didn't have an abusive boyfriend and Jorge, my then fiance, was still in Utah, at that point!)because they thought that I had been beaten up! So, I won't try that trick again! LOL

Tonight is our Fall Festival. I am the Activities Chairperson in my ward. Thankfully we are combining our efforts with the other ward that attends in our building, so my work was cut in 1/2 . . . okay, well it maybe was cut by a 1/3! LOL Not that I am some sort of control freak, but there are always communication imperfections, and things didn't get distributed as they should have, and we can't find root beer extract ANYWHERE!! and there just wasn't enough time in everyone's busy schedules for some of the little details! Not to mention the vicious rumor that was going around the ward that this party is ONLY for little kids . . . c'mon, people, it's Halloween, LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm not really worried - The Bouncy house is scheduled to arrive at 5:30, the food assignments have all been distributed, and the weather (supposedly!!) will be beautiful!!! Mid 80's baby!! Woo hoo! I've decided that life is too short to sweat the small details . . . we're going for festive here!

Okay, so out with the old month and in with the new . . .

3 comments:

angiedunn said...

happy halloween back!

good luck with your big bash tonight...that can be stressful, but it looks like your amazing-self has it all under control! it'll be awesome!

Lisa said...

where is my chihuahua update?

oh yeah--happy halloween. and it IS fun to dress up. my fave holiday. no family dinner and no gifts. and dressing like a hooker! LOL

Maddy said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Hopet he Fall Festival was awesome.