Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm Ready for Monday . . . Bring it on!

Have any of you ever had such a crazy busy weekend, that you are almost relieved to go back to work, on Monday, for a little relaxing, sittin' in my chair doing busy work, time? That is how my weekend was! Go, go, go, go, go!!

I took Friday off, too, so maybe that's part of the problem! My weekend was one day longer than usual, and so I felt the need to pack it just a little more full of stuff! Ay, ay, ay!!!

Jorge worked Friday night, so I had my friend, Nancy, come over, and we worked on some crafty projects together. We made some Peanut Butter Cheesecake brownies (YUMMMY, by the way!!) and had a few laughs, and kept busy! But not before we made a trip to Wal-Mart and the little Panaderia (Spanish for "bakery") down the street from my house.

We wrapped things up about 2 am -- dang, that's late! Then, we had to start again Saturday morning, with a trip to Sam's club, to print out some photos and hunt down shoes for Jorge. But, before Nancy and I could get out the door, we were joined by a little friend! Apparently, as we were about to leave the house, and I realized that I forgot something, we turned around, and the screen door didn't get completely closed.

So, we start to head back to the front door, and I look down and see this little dog that had wandered in! She's DARLING, and the kind of dog that I have been wanting for a LONG time!


I went outside, looked around for someone to be calling for or searching for their dog, but nobody was. I asked the neighbor across the street if he had seen this dog, or anyone looking for it. The response? "No , but, finders keepers, right?!?!?!"

Nancy had a big tote bag, so we decided to take Chica (the name another friend, Megan, chose) into Sam’s Club with us. She did sooooooooo well! She did not make one peep, didn’t whine, didn’t growl, nothing! We got lots of looks and a few “cute puppy!” comments, but otherwise would’ve forgotten that she was there!

When we got home from Sam’s, I asked the neighbor, again, if anyone had been around looking for her. She has a collar, and somebody has been loving her, because her nails have been polished. But, where there once was a tag, the little loop that held it on had been stretched. In these tough economic times, it is hard to tell whether she is lost or if someone just ditched her!

So, Saturday night – working on projects for the Fall Festival, at our stake center. I needed to make posters and flyers. I had the plan to just make one flyer, enlarge it to poster size, and then make smaller flyers from the same original. I got my printer out (ya, so we’ve lived in our current apartment for 16 months, and I am just now busting out my printer . . . big deal!!!), and there were no chords! No USB chord, to connect in to the computer, and NO power chord!!! And I, being the QUEEN of procrastination that I can be, sometimes, waited until 9:30 pm to even bust open the box!

Eventually, after looking for the chords for a while, and calling around to see if anyone has my same printer, I gave up! I still had a lot of stuff to do . . . including going to Americopy before they closed at 11 pm.

And, my posters and flyers ended up being hand-written . . . maybe a little lame, but desperate times call for desperate measures! And my hand-writing isn’t terrible, so . . . I did what I had to do! My head didn’t hit the pillow before 3 am – I had to take the dog out, you know!!

Then, my alarm went off at 6:30 am for my 7 am meeting Sunday morning . . . OUCH!! After Sacrament Meeting, in which I could BARELY keep my eyes open, I went home and took a 30 minute power nap, before heading back to the church for Relief Society.

Anyway, long weekend + short sleep = VERY TIRED GIRL!!!! At least at work, I can sit in one chair and chase papers for a few hours at a time, to relax! Here’s something you won’t hear me say, very often . . .
HAPPY MONDAY!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

aww...I can't imagine that a dog who can be in a purse while shopping and has its nails painted would just be tossed aside, even though the economy is bad.

I sure hope the fliers work and that little chica finds her way back home. I feel for that poor family who lost their littlest family member.

Victor and Annette said...

Wow, I am glad you where able to get back to work too, I am tired just reading your blog... wow. I feel pretty lazy, Saturday I laid around all day and took a long nap, while it was snowing outside. Also cute dog, were you able to find the owner?

Aubrey said...

Are you serious??!! You took that thing to the store with you . . . . . are you crazy? (I already know the answer to that, sorry)

Glad you could find time to relax at work!!!

Lisa said...

i had to take a power nap just reading your blog. please keep us informed over the chica dog mystery!

oh yeah--the painted nails--was that how you could tell it was a girl??

{Brooke} said...

I thought for sure you would have said that you were just going to keep the dog! I'm waiting for this update

Maddy said...

Where are the crafy project pictures?