Friday, May 9, 2008

Guy Flick Movie Night

Thursday night -- a GREAT night to go see a movie if you are all about avoiding the crowds!

My friend, Rodrigo, was in town on business, and he was sick of looking at the walls in his hotel. So, we went to see a movie.

I checked out movie times . . . I already knew what he would want to see! His wife, Debbie, will appreciate that she doesn't have to go see this superhero feature, if she doesn't want to!

First of all -- $9.50 per person to see this movie -- OUCH!!!!! No wonder people are buying more and more DVDs! It costs less to buy one DVD than to pay for 2 movie tickets! Then, add popcorn and sodas on top of that . . . what a racket!!

Anyway, I was suprisingly entertained by this movie. The inventions were clever and interesting and I would love to have just one of the many cars that Tony Stark has in his basement.
The computer graphics in this movie are excellent, mostly because you don't feel like you can see where it becomes all computer and where it is really the person. And, Robert Downey Jr. looks pretty amazing too! :P
The one thing that I might complain about . . . the volume was LOUD!!! When we walked out of the theater, it was like everything else was muffled, because my ears were still ringing with how loud it was. Aren't there legal noise limits, in those theaters??
It was fun to hang out with Rodrigo and catch up on old times. Too bad it wasn't a double date, with both of our spouses being in Utah. Thanks for coming, Rigo! ♥ ya, Debbie!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Dustin saw it with guy friends and loved it!

Lisa said...

i love robert downey jr. $9.50? are you kidding me? i haven't been for a while i guess!

Kaelene said...

I'm sorry, my calculations were incorrect . . . the movie tickets were $9.75 each, at AMC!! OUCH!!!