Monday, May 5, 2008

My Weekend in Utah

So, I had another weekend trip. I flew up to Utah, on Thursday night, for a weekend with Jorge. He picked me up at the airport, and then we went to dinner. He is definitely a meat-eater, so we went to this restaurant that is a Brazilian grill/buffet. The servers bring big ole skewers of different meats to the table, and let you have a hunk of whichever one you would like. They also grill pineapple -- that is sooooooooooo yummy!

Besides going to Utah to see Jorge, I also went to attend this:

The conference was for 2 days, but I could only afford to take 1 day off of a work. (Not that I don't have vacation days, but there isn't anyone else to do my job, if I am absent!)

Anyway, it was a great little spiritual escape for me! President Monson was the concluding speaker, and he was just . . . . so darling and uplifting, in his remarks! It was truly worth all the effort of walking around on campus, and sitting in not-so-very-comfortable bleacher seats to be spiritually fed!

Friday night, after 3 nights of not sleeping very well (maybe anticipation of seeing my husband???) and a very long day on Friday, we were in bed by 9 pm. Yep, pretty much slept for 11 hours . . . but it was GREAT to catch up on sleep! Jorge had to work Saturday morning, but we had previously arranged to have lunch with as many old friends as could make it, on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Annette lives in Hyrum, UT, and she joined us for lunch. She has a van, and she helped me move my boxes of books, that still reside in Utah, from one friend's house to my other friend's storage unit in Orem. (Now they are 25 miles closer to me . . . ha ha ha!!)

So, we had lunch, we had conversation and laughs, (Photo to follow - after I get my camera back - I left it in Jorge's car!!!) and then we went to Orem. We spent some time with Michelle and some of her family for a little while, and then we headed back to Salt Lake.

Jorge had to work Sunday . . . he doesn't usually do that, but for some reason they scheduled him this weekend! So, I planned, with my cousin, Brooke, to hang out with her Saturday night, stay at her house, and then go to church with her on Sunday, while Jorge was working.

So, Brooke and I had planned to watch "27 dresses", which I had just purchased, on Thursday. I had unwrapped the DVD on Saturday morning, while I was talking to her on the phone. Then, I proceeded to put the case into my bag. Later, at her house, while we were gettin' ready to watch the movie, I opened the case . . . there was NO DVD in it!!!!! And, that realization led to an instant panic attack, because I no longer knew the whereabouts of the receipt!!!

After a moment of deep breathing, I had an idea! We would go to Wal-mart, and buy another copy, and then I would return the empty box, on Sunday, to get that money back. So, off to Wal-Mart we went.

We found the movie, and went to stand in the check out line. As we were standing in line, we were talking, catching up on one another's lives, when suddenly I saw something that made me stop and stare! Brooke wondered what the heck was my problem, but then I said, "LOOK AT THAT LADY'S SHIRT!" in a loud whisper. This is a facsimile of the shirt she wore oh so very proudly:
Okay, is it just me, or is that disgusting??? Granted, every single one of God's creations passes gas, because it is necessary for the health of our bodies! Gas happens, okay, I get that! But to "♥" to fart?? And then, to wear a shirt that says that?? I don't think I would wear it, even on a dare! Gross! And who thought it would make a great promo item to sell to the public?? YIKES!
Anyway, good weekend, but I will be much happier when Jorge is HERE with me, and I don't have to travel to see him! But, it was good to see everyone else! :)

2 comments:

Shanna said...

hee hee!!! i need this shirt!!!

miss ya girl!

{Brooke} said...

you had your chance to pose with that lady! that would have been hilarious. thanks for staying with me. it was a great time! i needed it