Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A weekend worthwhile

As previously noted, my niece, Kayla, is graduating from high school next week! Don't get me started on how tripped out I am that she is old enough to do that!!

Anyway, my sister decided that we should hand-make 50 announcements, just so that they will "stand out" in the possible crowd of announcements that any given family may receive. "Okay, " I thought. "I like to scrapbook and create cards . . . we can do this!"

So, my sister found a layout in Michelle's book, LIFTED, and we . . . well, "lifted" an idea from it. (Go here - http://www.papertherapy.com/ - to see what I am talking about!!)
So, we went to the scrapbook supply store, picked out paper, got some ribbon, cut some circles, and then the REAL fun began!

Well, Kayla had her senior prom on Saturday night, so all last week, in the evenings, she was getting her nails done, tanning, finding accessories for her dress, etc. Karalee, who would be one of the workaholic Bailey girls, had to work every night until late. So, I got to hold down the announcement making fort.

I gotta tell ya . . . this was a lot longer process than I had expected. Not to mention that my original design had a bigger photo, and through some communication error, we ended up with a smaller photo. Therefore, I had to adjust the entire design to accomodate for the space that wasn't taken up by the photo. But, hey, we're flexible here, at KZ Creations, so I just went with it.

To make a long story short: THE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE DONE!!! Woo hoo!! Granted, the envelopes still need to be addressed and stamped, and there is glitter on every square inch of my sister's table and dining room floor, oh yeah, AND on the dog (this is one of those "don't ask, don't tell" things!!), but they are done!

And here is a sample:


Kayla, I am so proud of you and your accomplishment! It's up to you, how you will succeed from here on out, girlie!
Congratulations!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Very cute design! I love it! I really need to get back in to scrapbooking and digital scrapbooking! I am ashamed to say, I have hardly done anything in 9 years! Not my wedding album, nor scrapbooks for my boys! Shame on me, I know! I have however done tribute books for other people! Just not for us!

Maddy said...

CUTE CUTE! And great product placement ;D

angiedunn said...

SO CUTE!!! She's beautiful. Congratulations!

Lisa said...

great layout!!